Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One Nation, Under GOD, Indivisible

I'm starting this off with the Pledge of Allegiance I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.


Last Night I went to Katy, Texas and it was late.  My wife and I were hungry and the only thing open that I wanted was Whataburger.  I usually hate going there on my days off being that’s sometimes the only thing open when I work during the week.  After ordering the cashier asked me to pull up to the yellow line.  As I sat waiting for my food I was looking around as I always do.  I looked to my left and saw a sticker that we so many times forget.  The sticker is a sticker that I’ve seen many times before and is in Whataburger’s throughout the country.  The sticker said “One Nation, Under GOD, Indivisible”.

As I sat there I started thinking about how we all forget what the United States of America is all about.  We forget that we are One Nation.  This is forgotten all the time based on the amount of wasted time we spend fighting against each other.  There isn’t a common goal.  What I mean by this is if we spent more time being selfless instead of selfish we would get somewhere.  Could you imagine everyone putting forth their amount of effort to benefit each other/the big picture?

Under GOD is pretty self explanatory to me.  I grew up saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag all during school.  There wasn’t anything to question.  It was something you grew up doing and you didn’t refuse to do it.  Today people are refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance based on it saying “Under God”.  This is what I will say to that.  I will make sure that my child stands proud and honored to say the pledge with dignity and heart.

Indivisible I would think would be a pretty easy one but it’s not unfortunately.  It means incapable of being divided.  Day in and day out we divide ourselves and fight against each other.  While we’re fighting against each other we are allowing that terrorist, or menace to society to separate us even further until time they commit a national disaster.

Next time you pull up to a Whataburger look at the windows for the sticker that says “One Nation, Under GOD, Indivisible”.  When you look at it ask yourself what does it mean to you?  When you look at it think of the many men and women who have fought for that.  Think of how many men and women in the armed forces have selflessly went into harms way for you.  How many people on our soil protect you everyday for you to live “One Nation, Under GOD, Indivisible”!

The Pledge of Allegiance

"I pledge allegiance"(I promise to be true), "to the flag" (to the symbol of our country), "of the United States of America" (each state that has joined to make our country), "and to the Republic" (a republic is a country where the people choose others to make laws for them -- the government is for the people), "for which it stands," (the flag means the country), "one Nation" (a single country), "under God," (the people believe in a supreme being), "indivisible," (the country cannot be split into parts), "with liberty and justice" (with freedom and fairness), "for all." (for each person in the country) ~ www.legion.org

1 comment:

  1. God Bless you brother. I got off work early this morning in Edna, TX and went to Whataburger for quick meal for the ride home and saw the sticker and that led me to find out more about it. A lot of people don't like it but oh well . I found your article and I thank you for posting it. You are right on the money.

    ReplyDelete